2006-04-25

so much to do, so little time

I realize that I haven't been taking care of my bloggerly duties of late. This is due largely to the fact that my normally sedentary lifestyle has literally become ridiculously active. In addition to a newborn son and working 50 or so hours a week, I have been:
  • house hunting since we finally have a workable mortgage solution
  • preparing for a big-ass garage sale
  • volunteering time to Dr. Tom Hayhurst's Congressional campaign
  • mini-mabus' soccer
In addition to that, mini-mabus wants to join cub scouts, and we're seeking out art and reading camps for him this summer. All this leaves little time for me to write these days. I'm really not sure what's next because i have never been this active of a person. At the very least I will try to keep updates here about the house situation - as it stands, we've already toured 9 and have a bunch more lined up. There is one that we're already really interested in and the seller is apparently very motivated and willing to negotiate the price down a bit - It's a 2-story 3br/2.5ba with a 2-car garage, fireplace, huge kitchen, fenced-in backyard with large wooden deck and a working hot tub. It's listed for $109,900 but we're going to try to get it for $100k flat plus seller pays closing costs. I'd be amazed if they accept that, but who knows? Believe it or not, that much money will get you a decent house in Fort Wayne, Indiana - where my parents live, in Aurora IL, the same house would easily go for well over $250k - and probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $500k in San Francisco... Amazing the disparity in real estate prices nationwide, eh? In any event, its the first house we'll have ever owned and as such are very excited.

1 comment:

jabfrispe said...

Marc: Good luck on the house hunt, bro.