SUMMARY: i'm getting sued for $260 over an unpaid doctor bill of $28. They only ever sent two letters and we received no phone calls.
I do not have a problem with the fact that i owe $28 to a doctor's office. I will have no problem paying that. But i do have a problem with the fact that the doctor's office supposedly sent one notification and their attorney supposedly sent a notice as well. Neither my wife or i remember receiving these letters (of which copies were enclosed with the summons). Also enclosed was the information page my wife filled out to have our son receive the care, and on this page was proof that we provided our phone number. We never received a single phone call about this matter. Not ONE.
I believe this to be extremely frivolous to rake us over the coals for nearly 10 times of what the original amount was. As such, I want the public to know just how ludicrous and ruthless that a team of doctors and attorneys have baked up such a scam to extract unreasonable monetary amounts from otherwise billpaying people.
I will make sure that the doctors get their 28 bucks, but that's where it stops with me.
If you have any advice, thoughts or opinions on this matter, please comment here and share them.
2005-12-29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You should be able to go to court and tell them that you never received the letters! They were stupid for not sending them with a return receipt so you should be golden.
Also talking to a lawyer wouldn't hurt you can have a chat with one for a small fee.
ThatGirl
Okay, I called the doctor today and spoke with billing. The lady was a real dick (despite my attempts to be as kind an amicable as possible) and in a nutshell said "too bad, talk to the attorney"
Well, the attorney is out of the office right now, so i left her a message explaining my side and asking her to call me back. Again, I'm just wanting to get this resolved and fast, so I was as nice as i could be in my message.
I guess I'll just have to wait until Tuesday to speak with the attorney.
And also, i have a local newspaper columnist interested in the story and I assured him that i will keep him updated, as he may choose to use this for a future column.
~/\/\
If the dumbasses didn't send them by registered mail, then it's their word against yours.
Looking for the update !!
no updates yet. haven't heard from the attorney who is suing us, but we will be sending a check to the doctor's office and see if they cash it.
Geez $28 bux? You might want to include a few coupons for free McDonald's Hamburgers with that, If they're piddling over such a small amount, I'm guessing they might need the extra food...
Post a Comment